There has been a lot of news lately pertaining to the COVD-19 virus. Kingfisher Public Schools will constantly monitor this situation and make decisions based on information we receive from the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), The Oklahoma State Department of Education (SDE), and the US Center of Disease Control (CDC). These health officials believe the risk to our school and community is low at this time.
The coronavirus is believed to be spread through the air when an infected person coughs or sneezes, much in the way the flu and other respiratory viruses are spread. Symptoms can be fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
Based on the current information, health officials are recommending local communities and schools should take the same steps to protect against coronavirus as we take to prevent the spread of everyday illnesses like the common cold or the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Kingfisher custodial staff is diligently working to sanitize all hard surfaces on a daily basis.
If one of our students or employees is exposed to the Coronavirus, we will require quarantining away from school for 14 calendar days, and a completed test confirms they do not have Covid-19.
We will keep you posted as we collect information. If you have any questions, please contact Superintendent Jason Sternberger at Jason.email@example.com or call 405-375-4194